Before I show how I look like, let me show you the features first which I came with from the start:
* uses the WebKit-Browser-Engine
* plays embedded YouTube videos
* Download feature (e.g.: just play videos on websites with your VLC app!)
* always full screen without annoying bars, etc.
* got rid of oldschool scroll bars (e.g. on Gingerbread)
* resizes automatically to the screen of your device
* integrated search: SSL-connection to anonymous Startpage search engine
* Refresh capacity
* Back button (for history of your session)
* Forward button (see above)
* one can also delete the browser history
* Caching capacity
* integrated Flattr to make donations easy
* Action bar menu in German and English
* Zoom capable (hides itself automatically)
* storeable on your SD-card
* fancy Launcher-Icon 😉
To support as much Android devices as possible, only two requirements were a must:
* needs Internet permission
* Android-Version: at least 2.2 (FroYo)
As you can see it really didn’t need much to get me running.
What’s more is that I’m also very very lightweight even if you don’t plan to put me on your SD card or if you just can’t because your device doesn’t support it: Less than 370KB to surf the whole web. I mean not bad for almost 2 billion web pages (via), isn’t it!?
Last but least and one of the main reasons I came here for: To search for anything that comes into your mind I supported the SSL version of the one and only EU-certified search engine: https://startpage.com/. Believe me: It’s for the better! You bet and Mr. Snowden will approve this.
Next time I’ll finally show you my looks. Unfortunately I got no mirror for myself, so it’s up to you what you think of it.
See you, baby, yours,